November 10-12, 2017
Davenport Landing, CA
A surf contest to celebrate paddle surfing
Well, what cane we say about Davenport 2016 except kudos to everyone that survived. Each of you deserved a medal for that. Let’s cross our fingers for fun surf and clean conditions in 2017.
Every contestant (except juniors) will surf Friday and Saturday, guaranteeing at least two rounds of surfing per category entered. At the Saturday evening paddler’s party, we will post the standings from the first two days, which will determine who advances to quarter finals, semi finals, or finals. If you have competed at the Santa Cruz Paddlefest, it will be structured largely like that. Sunday will be Quarter finals, Semi finals and all Finals. Juniors will surf all rounds Sat and Sunday.
20% off for Juniors or if it’s your first contest ever!
Quarter finals, semi finals, and finals for the bigger categories.
All finals will be on Sunday
19 minute heats
The Davenport Paddle Surf Classic has been around for many years, held at legendary break about 20 minutes north of Santa Cruz. In previous years of the contest, we’ve had waves range from small to scary big, but always competitors that demonstrate skill, style, and sportsmanship. We celebrate all forms of paddle surfing, with divisions of kayaks, waveskis and stand up paddle boards (SUP).
We have a unique category called King of the Wave, which pits all forms of paddle surf competitors together in a head to head battle, regardless of surf craft. Most competitors enter this as a second category. Every year, we have had SUP’s, kayaks and waveskis have made the finals. Scores have been close, and it demonstrates that any one of the paddle surf craft could easily be competitive with the incredible athletes that were paddling them!
A special prize will be awarded to the highest ranked first time competitor in each category. Meaning, if this is your first Paddle surf contest, then you qualify for a chance at a special prize.
Entry fee includes a dinner and party Saturday night, and an event T-shirt. All competitors will be entered in a raffle for sweet prizes. Last year we gave away thousands of dollars worth of gear!
The first 22 ENTRIES get a free sweatshirt as well. Sweatshirts available for pre-order before noon 10/27/2017. Entries after noon on 10-28/2017 will not be guaranteed a shirt in their size.
- King of the Waves – Kayak, Waveski, SUP. Head to head in the battle royale.
- Open High Performance Kayak Any “sit inside” kayak under 9 feet in length
- Open International Class Kayak International Class standard kayak, minimum length 3 meters, max 4 meters.
- Stand Up Paddleboard Any stand-up paddle board w/leash & powered by a single blade paddle.
- Women’s Stand Up Paddleboard Any stand-up paddle board w/leash & powered by a single blade paddle paddled by women. Women will likely surf with the men, then have their own finals.
- Women’s Kayak or Waveski Any sit inside kayak or waveski. Women will likely surf with the men, then have their own finals.
- Waveski Any SOT kayak or ‘wave ski’ under 3.5 meters in length.
- Juniors Kayak and Juniors SUP Under 18 at the time of the contest.
- Adaptive Waveski For athletes with spinal cord injuries or amputations.
*If you are interested in sponsoring the 2017 event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org*
Previous sponsors have included: